Otto Group collaboration in Surrey
25 February 2021
Our end-to-end approach sets us apart and simplifies every step of the planning and project for you. From initial project consultation, survey and logistics through to installation and aftercare, our team provide dedicated in-depth technical expertise to ensure each piece of glazing achieves the specified design and performance.
Working with one specialist supplier to specify the complete architectural glazing package for your project streamlines your process and means you have one point of contact to discuss and progress your whole project.
From frameless roof lanterns, ridge lights and glass eaves to electrically operated lift & slide doors, bespoke aluminium window and Internorm entrance doors, our carefully curated range of architectural glazing features systems to achieve the desired transformation.
Complete architectural glazing package
Having worked with the Exact team before, the Otto Group were keen to work with us again on this contemporary four-story home; someone they knew and who they could trust to achieve a project of this scale and provide the complete package required.
The whole project includes the design and installation of over 50 pieces of architectural glazing:
- 1 mega-size 7.4 x 3.5m floor to ceiling sliding door
- 2 sliding windows
- 3 sliding doors including a floating corner
- 4 frameless corner windows
- 4 Internorm entrance door; front entrance, garage, basement, side entrance
- 9 pieces of bespoke roof glazing
- 3 ‘strip’ roof lights over the kitchen area
- 2 walk-on roof lights over the basement adjacent to the large sliding door
- ‘up and over’ roof glazing
- 2 fixed large flat roof lights
- 1 access hatch on the roof
- 20 aluminium windows
Having visited our Liphook showroom to finalise the details of the project, it was full steam ahead to meticulously plan the timing and phasing of each glazing element – alongside the build schedule.
This project took place during the second half of 2020, which therefore created its own challenges to manage the additional COVID-19 related safety measures required to continue the project.
Phasing the glazing installation
With one dedicated project manager at Exact, the Otto Group could simply and easily discuss the status of the project and each glazing element. Rather than having to liaise with multiple suppliers to agree delivery and installation for the different systems, we took care of it all.
Due to the size of the project and the different glazing elements featured, the installation was a 4-phased approach, managed by the Exact team.
- Installation of 20 aluminium window frames and glass within 1 week
- Installation of frames for all sliding doors, sliding windows, frameless corner window and roof glazing.
Critical during this phase is to ensure all openings are ready for glass installation, with particular emphasis on the frames for the sliding elements to ensure smooth movement.
- Installation of glazing into the frames installed during phase 2.
- This was a two-day installation, fully managed by the Exact team, to lift and install 32 pieces of glazing into the prepared frames.
- Due to the location and site access of the build, large panes were lifted over the roof and into place.
- Installation of entrance doors
The logistics for the complete glazing package are managed by our project manager to ensure the frames, glazing, onsite specialists and crane are on-site at the correct time to meet the project schedule. One supplier, achieving a seamless installation in collaboration with the build team.
Initiating your project with Exact
From the initial stages of your project, working with our specialists can help you to achieve your vision with our end-to-end project management approach. Like most things in life, the more you put in, the more you get out – and that’s also true of how we work. Finding the right partner for all of your glazing needs will simplify your project and allow you to focus on other areas, safe in the knowledge that your architectural glazing will be achieved on time and on budget.
We want to make sure we are the right fit for you and your project, so we aim to start our projects with an Initial Project Consultation. During your consultation, we’ll discuss your specific needs and explain our full range of glazing systems as well as our approach and expertise. This ensures we can provide you with the products, service and expertise you need.